We have great news for Rhode Island state employees.
Beginning this fall, you can support our community through United Way of Rhode Island’s giving program. For more than 90 years, United Way has made it easy for Rhode Islanders to give, and even easier for them to get help.
What’s this mean for state employees?
When you give through United Way:
- You can support any 501(c)(3) charity.
- You can choose to help Rhode Islanders by donating to United Way’s Community Impact Fund.
- You’ll be invited to United Way events, learn about pressing issues, and get opportunities to be an advocate.
- You can enjoy the convenience of payroll deduction, beginning on January 1, 2020.
What’s this mean for nonprofit agencies?
- Participation is free.
- United Way allows the donor to decide which 501(c)(3) charities they’ll support.
- None of the applications or fees associated with the previous State Employee Charitable Appeal (SECA).