We have great news for Rhode Island state employees.
Starting this fall, you can support the community through United Way of Rhode Island’s giving program. Founded in the Ocean State over 90 years ago, United Way makes it easy for you to give, and even easier for Rhode Islanders to get help.
What’s this mean for state employees?
When you give through United Way:
- You can support any 501(c)(3) charity.
- You can choose to help Rhode Islanders by donating to United Way’s Community Impact Fund.
- You’ll be invited to United Way events, learn about pressing issues, and get opportunities to be an advocate.
- You can enjoy the convenience of payroll deduction, beginning on January 1, 2020.
What’s this mean for nonprofit agencies?
- Participation is free.
- United Way gives the donor the right to decide which 501(c)(3) charities they’ll support.
- There’s no longer a need to complete an application or pay the fees associated with the previous State Employee Charitable Appeal (SECA).
Stay connected, join United Way of Rhode Island’s mailing list.